Transfer Rumors and News

Barcelona suffer setback as midfield target’s exit ruled out – ‘Will surely be with us’


Real Sociedad manager Imanol Alguacil has ruled out the possibility of key midfielder Martin Zubimendi leaving the club this summer amidst strong interest from FC Barcelona.

Zubimendi, like last year, has once again emerged as Barça’s top target to reinforce the pivot midfield position.

Even though the Catalans are all set to sign Guido Rodriguez, they intend to rope in another top pivot, with Zubimendi the preferred target, along with Bayern Munich’s Joshua Kimmich.

Zubimendi will stay, says Alguacil

Intriguingly, the rumours have gained momentum when Barcelona are set to take on Real Sociedad in La Liga on Monday night.

And during a press conference today, the Basque club’s manager, Imanol Alguacil, insisted that Zubimendi will be staying with them next season without an iota of doubt.

“He wants to be at Real and will surely be with us next year,” said Alguacial, as quoted by Mundo Deportivo.

“They [the speculations ]don’t only come out when we play against Barça. There are rumours about him from other teams as well because he is a great player and this year he is in the Champions League,” he added.

Alguacil confident Barcelona target Zubimendi will not leave. (Photo by Juan Manuel Serrano Arce/Getty Images)

“There is a lot of talk about him and I understand that this is good for the club and for him.”

At the same time, Alguacil proceeded to rule Zubimendi out of Monday’s clash against Barcelona through injury, saying:

“Zubimendi is not going to make it to Monday’s game but his progress is good and I think he will be ready for Thursday. It’s more of a precaution, so that he can be in perfect condition on Thursday.”



Source link

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Back to top button