Player Features

FC Barcelona Announces Three Transfer Developments


FC Barcelona announced three transfer developments on Sunday afternoon through official statements shared via social media and shared on its website.

Barca confirmed on Saturday that right back Sergino Dest has already made his loan move to PSV permanent.

The Dutch club could previously obtain the US international for €11 million, but decided not to exercise a buy option when he was ruled out with an ACL tear that could sideline him for up to nine months.

PSV looks to have instead obtained Dest for free, with Barca retaining a percentage of any future sale.

Now on Sunday, Barca has revealed another three departures with one of them fixed.

First up, Marcos Alonso wasn’t expected to continue with his two-year spell since joining from Chelsea plagued by injuries as of late and a failure to nail down the left back spot or provide competition to the likes of Alejandro Balde, who also had his 2023/2024 campaign blighted by a knock that ruled him out for the rest of its duration close to the turn of the year.

“Marcos Alonso is not to continue with FC Barcelona, as the Spanish defender’s contract ends on June 30. FC Barcelona would like to place on record their appreciation for his commitment and dedication, and wish him all the best and every success in the future,” Barca said about Alonso.

Also technically no longer FC Barcelona players are loanees Joao Felix and Joao Cancelo.

The Portuguese pair were brought in on the last day of the summer transfer window in 2023, and their loan deals from Atletico Madrid (Felix) and Manchester City (Cancelo) have now expired.

“FC Barcelona publicly expresses its gratitude for their commitment and dedication and wishes them the best of luck and success in the future,” the Catalans said about the ‘Joaos’.

Some have taken this as an indicator that President Joan Laporta and Sporting Director Deco have decided not to buy the players outright from their clubs, but we can’t take this as written until the start of next season.

Until then, it is highly likely that Barca attempts to raise funds through other sales and departures, and then approaches City and Atleti to try and reach an agreement over the right back and the left winger.



Source link

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Back to top button